Garden Nursery School is entirely run by parents and three staff members (two teachers and one part-time administrator), therefore parental participation is essential. Parents work alongside staff in every facet of school functioning - they assist in the classroom, run admissions, raise funds, purchase supplies and maintain the facility.
The following is a list of parental responsibilities:
- Parent-teaching in the classroom 5-8 times per year.
- Participation in 2 fundraising endeavors.
- Participation in 2 school clean-ups (usually held on
- Attendance of parent-teacher training (one evening in the
beginning of the academic year) and all general meetings (3 per
year, generally held on Wednesday evenings).
- Fulfillment of a cooperative job (one per family). Each family
is encouraged to hold a board position for at least one year during
their time at the school.